Individual Brunch Casseroles Recipe
- 3 cups shredded uncooked potatoes
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 2 to 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, saute potatoes, onion, celery and green pepper in 2 tablespoons oil until vegetables are crisp-tender. If necessary, add additional oil to prevent sticking. Remove from heat.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, salt and pepper. Add cheese, bacon and mushrooms; mix well. Stir in potato mixture. Pour into four greased individual baking dishes.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, 25-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 507 calories, 31 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 261 mg cholesterol, 995 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Reviews for Individual Brunch Casseroles
"Will try this"
"I have cooked & tried many breakfast casseroles and thus far this one is the best one yet. I think my family would like me to make this all the time. Great Job & thanks for sharing!"
"THIS ALSO MAKES A NICE CASSEEROLE EVEN IF YOU USE THE ONE DISH SYSTEM. WE LIKED IT VERY MUCH"
"I would try to make it a little more diet-savvy by using egg whites, low fat cheese, and not use so much bacon. More vegetables could be added instead such as tomatoes and yellow squash. Could be topped with Salsa."
"I made this today for lunch, great taste, filling, thinking about making it for Easter Sunday."