Individual Apple Crisps
Her pared-down version of apple crisp is autumn at its tastiest, notes Viola C. Ferguson, Roscoe, Illinois. You’ll almost wish there were leftovers!
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 cup thinly sliced peeled tart apple
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the apple, sugar and water. Divide between
- two 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and
- salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle
- over apple mixture. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until
- tender. Serve warm with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculated without whipped cream) equals 247 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 194 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.