- 1 cup thinly sliced peeled tart apple
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the apple, sugar and water. Divide between two 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over apple mixture. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until tender. Serve warm with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Individual Apple Crisps in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006, p21
Reviews for Individual Apple Crisps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 4, 2010
Perfect way to quickly use a couple of apples. Makes a warm comforting dessert in a snap.