Individual Apple Cobbler
THIS RECIPE was given to me in an exchange with a homemakers group several years ago.
Apples are a vibrant part of the color around New England in autumn. Once the harvest is in, apple treats pop up everywhere. I love to make this dessert at this time of year.
-Lucy Holland, Derby Line, Vermont
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Half-and-half cream, optional
- Gently toss the apples, brown sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon. Divide
- between two ungreased 10-oz. custard cups.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar and baking powder; stir in milk
- and butter just until moistened. Spoon over apples. Bake at 400°
- for 20 minutes or until top is golden. Serve warm with cream if
- desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 356 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 335 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.