Indiana-Style Corn Dogs
Among the best parts of the many fairs and festivals in Indiana are the corn dogs served there! My family loves corn dogs, so I fix them fairly often at home. —Sally Denney, Warsaw, Indiana
12-16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Dash of pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 12 to 16 wooden skewers
- 12 to 16 hot dogs
- In a bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients. Whisk in egg and milk
- just until blended. Transfer batter to a tall drinking glass.
- In an electric skillet, heat oil to 375°. Insert skewers into hot
- dogs. Dip hot dogs into batter; allow excess batter to drip off.
- Fry, a few at a time, 2-3 minutes or until golden brown, turning
- occasionally. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 to
- 16 corn dogs.