- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups mashed ripe Hachiya persimmon pulp
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- Sweetened whipped cream
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another large bowl, whisk the persimmon, buttermilk, eggs, butter, vanilla and maple flavoring. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until pudding begins to pull away from sides of pan and center is firm. Serve warm with whipped cream. Yield: 24 servings.
Originally published as Persimmon Pudding in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p144
Reviews for Indiana Persimmon Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review