Use your microwave to make a big batch of snack mix in just 20 minutes. It's ideal for anyone who likes a little spice. What a great change of pace from sweets! —Jill Pokrivka, York, PA
Recommended: 30 Perfectly Sweet Snacks
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 3 cups Corn Chex
- 3 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 cup salted cashews
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large bowl, combine cereals and nuts. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine corn syrup, honey and butter; microwave, uncovered, on high for 30-45 seconds or until bubbly. Stir in salt and spices; pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Microwave in batches on high for 2 minutes, stirring once. Spread onto a baking sheet to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 quarts.
Originally published as Indian-Spiced Snack Mix in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p190
Reviews for Indian-Spiced Snack Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review