I love curry, so I added it to a snack mix. It dissappeared quickly on a camping trip with friends. So yummy! For a less spicy flavor, use only 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder.
- 4 cups Corn Chex
- 4 cups Rice Chex
- 3 cups miniature pretzels
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1 cup golden raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the cereals, pretzels and almonds. In a small bowl, combine the butter, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Drizzle over cereal mixture; toss to coat.
- Transfer to two 15x10x1-in. baking pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 250° for 45 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 15 minutes. Stir in raisins. Cool completely on wire racks. Store in airtight containers. Yield: about 3 quarts.
Originally published as Indian Snack Mix in Healthy Cooking April/May 2012, p49
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Indian Snack Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 3, 2013
"It was okay..the taste was kind of bland. Maybe it i do more experiment with the ingredients, maybe it'll have more of Indian taste. Once again it was okay and yes I will make it again."