Indian Snack Mix Recipe
- 4 cups Corn Chex
- 4 cups Rice Chex
- 3 cups miniature pretzels
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cereals, pretzels and almonds. In a small bowl, combine the butter, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Drizzle over cereal mixture; toss to coat.
- 2. Transfer to two 15x10x1-in. baking pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 250° for 45 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 15 minutes. Stir in raisins. Cool completely on wire racks. Store in airtight containers. Yield: about 3 quarts.
3/4 cup: 172 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 360mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Indian Snack Mix
"It was okay..the taste was kind of bland. Maybe it i do more experiment with the ingredients, maybe it'll have more of Indian taste. Once again it was okay and yes I will make it again."
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.