I love curry, so I added it to a snack mix. It dissappeared quickly on a camping trip with friends. So yummy! For a less spicy flavor, use only 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder.
- 4 cups Corn Chex
- 4 cups Rice Chex
- 3 cups miniature pretzels
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1 cup golden raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the cereals, pretzels and almonds. In a small bowl, combine the butter, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Drizzle over cereal mixture; toss to coat.
- Transfer to two 15x10x1-in. baking pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 250° for 45 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 15 minutes. Stir in raisins. Cool completely on wire racks. Store in airtight containers. Yield: about 3 quarts.
Originally published as Indian Snack Mix in Healthy Cooking April/May 2012, p49
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Indian Snack Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 3, 2013
"It was okay..the taste was kind of bland. Maybe it i do more experiment with the ingredients, maybe it'll have more of Indian taste. Once again it was okay and yes I will make it again."