Indian Rice Recipe
My wife says I'm an expert at stretching our food budget...I can get several meals from one chicken! Golden raisins and curry powder give this economical rice dish a twist, while silvered almonds add a nice crunch.—Ralph Wheat, Bedford, Texas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- Dash curry powder, optional
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 cups hot cooked long grain rice
- 1. In a saucepan, melt butter; add onion, almonds and curry powder if desire. Cook until golden brown. Stir in raisins; heat until the raisins plump, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in rice. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1/2 cup: 212 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 60mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Indian Rice
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC