My wife says I'm an expert at stretching our food budget...I can get several meals from one chicken! Golden raisins and curry powder give this economical rice dish a twist, while silvered almonds add a nice crunch.Ralph Wheat, Bedford, Texas
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 3 tablespoons Diamond of California Slivered Almonds
- Dash curry powder, optional
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 cups hot cooked long grain rice
- In a saucepan, melt butter; add onion, almonds and curry powder if
- desire. Cook until golden brown. Stir in raisins; heat until the
- raisins plump, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in rice.
- Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 212 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 60 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.