My wife says I'm an expert at stretching our food budget...I can get several meals from one chicken! Golden raisins and curry powder give this economical rice dish a twist, while silvered almonds add a nice crunch.—Ralph Wheat, Bedford, Texas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- Dash curry powder, optional
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 cups hot cooked long grain rice
- In a saucepan, melt butter; add onion, almonds and curry powder if desire. Cook until golden brown. Stir in raisins; heat until the raisins plump, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in rice. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Indian Rice in Taste of Home October/November 1994, p47
Reviews for Indian Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review