Indian Rice Recipe
My wife says I'm an expert at stretching our food budget...I can get several meals from one chicken! Golden raisins and curry powder give this economical rice dish a twist, while silvered almonds add a nice crunch.Ralph Wheat, Bedford, Texas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 3 tablespoons Diamond of California Slivered Almonds
- Dash curry powder, optional
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 cups hot cooked long grain rice
- In a saucepan, melt butter; add onion, almonds and curry powder if desire. Cook until golden brown. Stir in raisins; heat until the raisins plump, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in rice. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Indian Rice in Taste of Home October/November 1994, p47
Reviews for Indian Rice(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review