Indian Cucumber Salad
A staple of Indian meals, this cooling cucumber dish is often served alongside a spicy Indian entree.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cucumbers
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- Fresh cilantro leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, sour cream and salt. Add the
- cucumbers, onion, tomato and jalapeno; stir until blended. Garnish
- with cilantro if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 69 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 117 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.