- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cucumbers
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- Fresh cilantro leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, sour cream and salt. Add the cucumbers, onion, tomato and jalapeno; stir until blended. Garnish with cilantro if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Indian Cucumber Salad
Sort By :
"Made this salad to go along with some BBQ ribs. It turned out wonderfully. I would definetly make this again. The only thing I would do differently is to possibly add some fresh dill to add additional flavor. But the salad is cold and refreshing and the jalapeno really went well with the ribs."
"Delicious and easy to make!"
"Made this salad the same night I made the Chicken Korma and the Minted Rice with Garbanzo Curry. I have a hard time finding salads that my husband will eat, because most are mayonnaise-based, and he hates mayo. I used all sour cream since neither of us likes plain yogurt...it was a hit! Be sure to wear gloves when seeding and chopping the jalapeno...to get more heat, leave some of the seeds in."
"This is excellent with any spicy dish. Love it with the chicken korma from the Feb-Mar 2010 publication."
"Super-easy! I used 1 cup plain Greek yogurt instead of 1/2 cup each of yogurt and sour cream."