Indian Corn Salad Recipe
You'll be "a-maized" by this delicious side dish—it's surprisingly quick to fix! For Extra appeal, arrange each serving of veggies to look like a corncob and add basil leaves for the husks.
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet orange pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Large fresh basil leaves
- 24 thin slices green pepper
- 1. In a skillet, saute the red and orange peppers in butter. Stir in the corn, beans, dried basil and salt; heat through.
- 2. Spoon 1/2 cup corn mixture onto each plate; shape into a 4-in. oval. Arrange basil leaves to resemble the husk and green pepper slices for the stalk. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 99 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 410 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Indian Corn Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC