You'll be "a-maized" by this delicious side dish—it's surprisingly quick to fix! For Extra appeal, arrange each serving of veggies to look like a corncob and add basil leaves for the husks.
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet orange pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Large fresh basil leaves
- 24 thin slices green pepper
- In a skillet, saute the red and orange peppers in butter. Stir in the corn, beans, dried basil and salt; heat through.
- Spoon 1/2 cup corn mixture onto each plate; shape into a 4-in. oval. Arrange basil leaves to resemble the husk and green pepper slices for the stalk. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Indian Corn Salad in Country Woman September/October 2001, p9
Reviews for Indian Corn Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review