Indian Corn Cakes Recipe
Sweet corn takes on a whole new meaning with Mary's ripe recipe. Her corncobs look delightfully like the real thingexcept they're made of cake, frosting and peanut butter candies! "These treats really brighten up the Thanksgiving table," comments Mary. "And they're so easy to make. Children can help with this project, too. They'll have fun putting the 'kernels' onand eating a few as well!"Mary Detweiler, Middlefield, Ohio
- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) Reese's pieces
- Dried corn husks
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions; add nuts. Grease and flour a 9-in. round baking pan; add batter and bake as directed. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove cake from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Freeze the cake for easier cutting. Cut the cake into ears of corn (see Fig. 1 at right). Set aside the remaining cake for another use.
- Place cakes on a serving platter or covered board. Frost tops and sides with 1-1/2 cups frosting. Decorate tops, sides and bottom ends of each ear with Reese's pieces. Cut corn husks into 8- to 12-in. lengths. Attach to cakes using additional frosting. Gently pull the husks together in the middle and tie with twine. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Indian Corn Cakes in Country Woman November/December 1998, p10
Reviews for Indian Corn Cakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2014
Didn't see the diagram for cutting the cake into corncobs.
Please post this diagram. Thanks!
Reviewed Aug. 5, 2009
love this idea!! can't wait to try it!! thanks!!!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Halloween Cakes >
- Halloween Desserts >
- Halloween Party Recipes >