Indian Chicken Dish Recipe
- 4 cardamom pods
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled
- 6 whole cloves
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon unblanched almonds
- 1 tablespoon salted cashews
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 small red onions, chopped
- 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Hot cooked basmati rice, optional
- 1. Remove seeds from cardamom pods; place in a food processor. Add the garlic, cloves, ginger, almonds, cashews and cinnamon; cover and process until blended. Set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute onions and jalapenos in oil until tender. Stir in water and the garlic mixture. Add the chicken, milk, yogurt and turmeric. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 367 calories, 23g fat (10g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 93mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein
Reviews for Indian Chicken Dish
"Not only was this really good and tasty, but it was also fun to make! It's the first Indian style dish I've ever made and it was quite tasty. The jalapenos I got were too mild, so I would suggest another pepper to combo with it to ensure a nice under-current of spicyness."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.