Indian Baked Chicken Recipe
- 1 pound small red potatoes, quartered
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place the potatoes, carrots and onion in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; add chicken. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and pour over top.
- 2. Cover and bake at 400° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted into chicken reads 180° and vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 323 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 612 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Indian Baked Chicken
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer