Cumin and turmeric give this hearty entree just the right amount of Indian flavor while maintaining mass appeal for picky eaters in the bunch. —Stephanie Kurin, Muncie, Indiana
- 1 pound small red potatoes, quartered
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place the potatoes, carrots and onion in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; add chicken. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and pour over top.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted into chicken reads 180° and vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Indian Baked Chicken in Simple & Delicious December/January 2012, p25
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Indian Baked Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review