This simple yet elegant finger food looks like you fussed, but it's really easy to make!Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
15 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups finely chopped Roma tomatoes, seeds removed or 1 can (28 ounces) petite diced tomatoes, well drained
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tub (8 ounces) cream cheese with herbs
- 1 baguette, sliced 1/4 inch thick, brushed with olive oil and toasted
- Italian parsley leaves or minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, mash the garlic and salt into a paste. Add the
- tomatoes, pesto, cheese, oil, sugar and pepper.
- Spread cream cheese on each baguette slice; top with bruschetta
- mixture. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 30-35 appetizers.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 109 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 243 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.