In-a-Pinch Chicken & Spinach
I needed a fast supper while babysitting my grandchild. I used what my daughter-in-law had in the fridge and turned it into what's now one of our favorite recipes. —Sandra Ellis, Stockbridge, Georgia
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup salsa
- Pound chicken with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness. In a large
- skillet, heat oil and butter over medium heat. Cook chicken 5-6
- minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Add spinach and salsa to pan; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or just until
- spinach is wilted. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half with 1/3 cup spinach mixture equals 297 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 376 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 36 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.