- 1 package (1 pound) hot dogs, halved lengthwise and sliced
2 tablespoons butter,
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced
- 3 celery ribs, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked noodles or rice
- In a large skillet, cook and stir hot dogs in 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat until lightly browned; remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the onions, celery and green pepper in remaining butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the tomatoes, oregano, paprika, pepper and hot dogs. Cook and stir until heated through. Serve with noodles or rice. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as In-A-Hurry Hot Dog Dinner in Quick Cooking July/August 2004, p35
Reviews for In-A-Hurry Hot Dog Dinner
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review