In-A-Hurry Curry Soup
Curry makes this speedy soup from Denise Elder of Hanover, Ontario so delicious. "I just open a few cans, and I have a quick hearty meal in minutes. The wonderful aroma brings my family to the table before I even have a chance to call them," she reports.
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 can (5 ounces) white chicken, drained
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, saute onion and curry powder in butter until
- onion is tender. Dissolve bouillon in water; add to the saucepan.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; heat through. Yield: about 5
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 211 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 1,178 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.