No one will guess this recipe from Linda Coleman of Cedar Rapids, Iowa begins in a can. Chopped onions and green pepper lend a little crunch while barbecue sauce brings lots of home-cooked flavor.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) pork and beans
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the beans, barbecue sauce, onion and
- green pepper if desired. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated
- through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 129 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 647 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 6 g protein.