- 2-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping
- 4 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), chopped
- In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust. Place pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- Place in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with caramel topping and candy bar pieces. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Impressive Traditional Cheesecake
Sort By :
Great recipe, I just didn't use the lemon juice but still great taste. I loved it and so did my family.
I made it TOTALLY sugar free by using Splenda instead of sugar. My family didn't know the difference and LOVED it!!
Found out this makes 2 cheesecakes. This time I halved the recipe. This is a great recipe no need to add or change anything!
THIS IS A GOOD AND SIMPLE CHEESECAKE. THIS IS THE ONE TO MAKE FOR THE OFFICE OR HOLIDAY PARTY. HAVE TOPPINGS IN A SEPERATE DISH TO BE ADDED TO INDIVIDUAL SLICES, THAT IS THE WAY CHEESECAKE NEEDS TO BE DONE. IT NEEDS NOTHING.