Impossible Garden Pie Recipe
- 2 cups cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 2. In another large bowl, whisk the biscuit mix, eggs and milk until smooth; pour over cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until set and a thermometer inserted near the center reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece: 221 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 553mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat