Impossible Garden Pie Recipe
- 2 cups cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 2. In another large bowl, whisk the biscuit mix, eggs and milk until smooth; pour over cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until set and a thermometer inserted near the center reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving equals 221 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 124 mg cholesterol, 553 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Impossible Garden Pie
"Very easy and very good....like to make in an 8" square pan and cut into small squares as an appetizer or snack....just needs more seasoning to personal taste!"