Imagination Punch Recipe
“Floating ice-cube ’faces’ in this fun punch stimulate the curiosity of folks at our Independence Day gatherings,” says Kathy Kittell, field editor in Lenexa, Kansas.
- ICE CUBES:
- 18 disposable plastic cups (3 ounces)
- 18 maraschino cherries
- 36 fresh blueberries
- 1-1/2 cups cold distilled water, divided
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) berry blue gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 4 cups cold water
- 2 cups DOLE Canned Pineapple Juice
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 2 liters ginger ale, chilled
- 1. Place plastic cups in muffin pans. From each cherry, cut out a mouth shape; pat dry. Place one cherry mouth and two blueberries for eyes in the bottom of each cup. Pour 1 teaspoon distilled water into each cup. Freeze for 30 minutes or until solid.
- 2. Pour 1 tablespoon distilled water into each cup. Return to freezer; freeze for 3 hours or until solid.
- 3. For punch, in a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold water, pineapple juice and lemonade concentrate. Refrigerate for 1-1/2 hours or until chilled.
- 4. Just before serving, transfer to a 5-qt. punch bowl. Stir in ginger ale. Remove ice cubes from cups; place face side up in punch bowl. Yield: 18 servings (about 1 gallon).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 118 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 20 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC