Have a blizzard of fun making edible igloos out of cupcakes, whipped topping and marshmallows.Lorri Reinhardt, Big Bend, Wisconsin
12 ServingsPrep: 45 min. Bake 15 min. + cooling
- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 6 large marshmallows
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- Coarse white sugar and/or edible glitter, optional
- Icing decorations or bear-shaped crackers, optional
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for
- cupcakes. Cool completely. Remove cupcakes from liners.
- Place one cupcake on a serving plate, top side down. Cover completely
- with 1/4 cup whipped topping. Cut a large marshmallow crosswise in
- half. Cut each half with an apple corer to make an igloo entrance;
- press against cupcake.
- Starting at the bottom, cover entire cupcake with rows of miniature
- marshmallows, forming an igloo. Repeat with remaining cupcakes. If
- desired, decorate with coarse sugar and icing decorations. Yield: 1
Edible glitter and icing decorations are available from Wilton Industries. Call 800-794-5866 or visit wilton.com.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cupcake (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 286 calories, 5 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 165 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.