- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 6 large marshmallows
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- Coarse white sugar and/or edible glitter, optional
- Icing decorations or bear-shaped crackers, optional
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes. Cool completely. Remove cupcakes from liners.
- Place one cupcake on a serving plate, top side down. Cover completely with 1/4 cup whipped topping. Cut a large marshmallow crosswise in half. Cut each half with an apple corer to make an igloo entrance; press against cupcake.
- Starting at the bottom, cover entire cupcake with rows of miniature marshmallows, forming an igloo. Repeat with remaining cupcakes. If desired, decorate with coarse sugar and icing decorations. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Igloo Cupcakes
"LOVE these! Absoutely adorable, grandgirls and I had so much fun making these! Only alter I made was instead of 'making' cupcakes, I bought Hostess Orange cupcakes, put a dab of cool whip on the plate to anchor it down, turned the cupcake over onto it, and went from there. quick and no baking required. Thank you so much for this lovely idea, we will be making these often."