In Ozona, Texas, Kaleta Shepperson loads her potatoes with a taco topping that's quick, easy and flavorful. "Everyone who tries these potatoes likes them," she comments. "They're almost a meal by themselves. I serve them with breadsticks, a green salad and dessert."
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 4 hot baked potatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- Salsa, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add taco seasoning; prepare according to package directions.
- With a sharp knife, cut an X in the top of each potato; fluff pulp with a fork. Top with taco meat, cheese and onions. Serve with salsa if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Idaho Tacos in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p33
Reviews for Idaho Tacos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review