Mom used to make this potato salad without a recipe. When I got married, she and I made it one afternoon and wrote down the ingredients so I could make it at home. Of course, we used our famous Idaho potatoes.
- 4 pounds potatoes, cooked and peeled
- 3/4 cup sliced peeled cucumber
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chopped dill pickle
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dill pickle juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 3/4 cup sliced radishes
- Cut potatoes into 1/4-in. thick slices; place in a large bowl. Add cucumber, eggs, onions and pickle.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, pickle juice and mustard; pour over potato mixture and toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate. Fold in radishes just before serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Idaho Potato Salad in Country June/July 1999, p49
Reviews for Idaho Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2011
"This is the potato salad I have been looking for. I first tasted it at my friends family gathering years ago. I moved, lost contact,and have been seeking this recipe for a long time. Thanks TOF"