Idaho Potato Cake Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cold mashed potatoes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in potatoes and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa and baking soda; add alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Stir in nuts.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Idaho Potato Cake(3)
Sort By :
This cake is very moist. I especially liked the fact that it isn't as sweet as regular cake. I added a cup of chocolate chips, as one reviewer suggested. Very nice!
this was so easy and good use of leftover potatoes. I wouldn't say mine came out fluffy, more like a cross between a brownie and cake. Next time I make it I will add some semi sweet chocolate chips to add even more chocolate flavor.
Moist, fluffy andmost of all YUMMY!!