You won't break a sweat fixing these easy chillers! The frozen snack, made from fruity gelatin and powdered soft drink mix, can be whipped up in no time, according to Darlene Brenden of Salem, Oregon. "Youngsters just love them. I know ours did when they were little," she adds. "And though the kids are grown, they still request the treats when they visit."
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 1 envelope unsweetened cherry Kool-Aid mix
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups cold water
- 10 disposable plastic cups (5 ounces)
- Heavy-duty aluminum foil
- 10 Popsicle sticks
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, gelatin and Kool-Aid mix in boiling water until dissolved. Add cold water. Pour into cups.
- Cover each cup with foil; insert sticks through foil (foil will hold sticks upright). Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. pan; freeze. To serve, remove foil and plastic cups. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Icy Summer Treats Dessert in Country Woman July/August 1998, p29
Reviews for Icy Summer Treats Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review