When summer turns up the heat, I reach for this cool, refreshing soup. The color of the olives contrasts nicely with the creamy yogurt base.
- 2 cups (16 ounces) plain yogurt
- 2 cans (10-1/2 ounces each) condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Seasoned croutons, optional
- In a large bowl, stir yogurt until smooth. Whisk in broth. Add the next six ingredients; mix well. Cover and chill for 4 hours. Stir before serving. Garnish with croutons if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Icy Olive Soup in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p40
Reviews for Icy Olive Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review