Icy Holiday Punch Recipe
It's easy and convenient to prepare the base of this slushy punch ahead. Its rosy color makes it so pretty for Christmas. I've also make it with apricot gelatin for a bridal shower. This fun beverage makes any occasion a bit more special.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + freezing YIELD:32-36 servings
- 1 package (6 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (46 ounces) pineapple juice
- 6 cups cold water
- 2 liters ginger ale, chilled
- 1. In a 4-qt. freezer-proof container, dissolve gelatin and sugar in boiling water. Stir in pineapple juice and cold water. Cover and freeze overnight.
- 2. Remove from the freezer 2 hours before serving. Place in a punch bowl; stir in ginger ale just before serving. Yield: 32-36 servings (5-3/4 quarts).
3/4 cup equals 73 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 15 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC