- 1 package (6 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (46 ounces) pineapple juice
- 6 cups cold water
- 2 liters ginger ale, chilled
- In a 4-qt. freezer-proof container, dissolve gelatin and sugar in boiling water. Stir in pineapple juice and cold water. Cover and freeze overnight.
- Remove from the freezer 2 hours before serving. Place in a punch bowl; stir in ginger ale just before serving. Yield: 32-36 servings (5-3/4 quarts).
Reviews for Icy Holiday Punch
"I have made this many times as is ,and it is everyone's favorite drink at our birthday parties :) it's also very easy to make !"
"Made this for three events over the holidays. Everyone loved it. Simple to make and very tasty. If you freeze for longer than overnight, allow more than two hours to thaw. This recipe is a keeper and I will use again often."
"This is a GREAT holiday punch...and so easy to make! Have made it at our campground Holiday dinners for two years now, and it's a big hit! Everyone loves it!"
"This was a hit at my sons pool party! It was a nice cool treat to drink on a hot day. I didn't change a thing and it was just right."
"I have been making this recipe for years-it is always a hit. I omit the sugar and use 3 c. cold water and 3 cups of a red juice instead of 6 cups water. Much better. This recipe is so versatile. In the fall I use orange jello and 3 cups cold water and 3 cups orange juice. In the spring I use a 3 oz. pkg. of lemon jello and a 3 oz. pkg. of lime jello along with 2 cups water, 2 cups lemonade, and 2 cups limeade. I get many many requests for the recipe."