Iced Tea Parfaits Recipe
Here’s a parfait that’s perfect for a garden or patio party. Tea adds a wonderfully unexpected flavor to gelatin. And kids will have fun finding the cherry at the bottom.—Teena Petrus, Johnstown, Pennsylvania
- 2 cups water
- 3 tea bags
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 4 maraschino cherries
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping, divided
- 4 lemon slices
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Remove from the heat; add tea bags. Cover and steep for 5 minutes. Discard tea bags. Stir gelatin into tea until completely dissolved. Cool slightly.
- 2. Pour 1/4 cup gelatin mixture into each of four parfait glasses. Place a cherry in each glass; refrigerate until set but not firm, about 1 hour. Transfer remaining gelatin mixture to a small bowl; refrigerate for 1 hour or until soft-set.
- 3. Whisk gelatin mixture for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Stir in 1/2 cup whipped topping; spoon into parfait glasses. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, top with remaining whipped topping and garnish with lemon slices. Yield: 4 servings.
1 parfait equals 162 calories, 5 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 48 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC