Iced Strawberry Tea
Strawberry season here coincides with the herald of the first day of summer and the conclusion of our school year. So it's no wonder that popular fruit is treasured in favorite recipes like this colorful and refreshing quencher.—Laurie Andrews, Milton, Ontario
5 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 4 cups brewed tea, chilled
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Ice cubes
- Set aside five strawberries. Place the remaining strawberries in
- blender; cover and puree. Strain into pitcher. Stir in the tea,
- sugar and lemon juice until sugar is dissolved. Chill.
- Serve in chilled glasses over ice. Garnish with reserved berries.
- Yield: 5 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 74 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.