Iced Raisin Biscuits Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon rum extract
- 2-1/4 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add raisins. In a small bowl, combine milk and syrup; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened.
- 2. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat or roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter.
- 3. Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- 4. Meanwhile, combine the confectioners' sugar, extract and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over warm biscuits. Serve warm. Yield: 10 biscuits.
1 each: 239 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 310mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Iced Raisin Biscuits
"These are very very good. I have made them 4 or 5 times. The only problem with them is I tend to eat too many.... Very Yummy!!!"