Iced Orange Cookies Recipe
I usually make these bite-size cookies at Christmastime, when oranges in Florida are plentiful. Every time I sniff their wonderful aroma, I remember my grandmother, who shared the recipe. —Lori DiPietro, New Port Richey, Florida
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Orange paste food coloring, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in orange juice and peel. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- 2. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. In a small bowl, combine icing ingredients until smooth; drizzle over cooled cookies. Yield: about 5-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 63 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 33 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Iced Orange Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC