- of each cookie.
- Bake 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to
- cool completely. Use plastic straw to reopen holes in cookies.
- For icing, in a large bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, water,
- liqueur and meringue powder; beat on low speed just until combined.
- Beat on high 4-5 minutes or until stiff peaks form. Tint with food
- coloring as desired. (Keep unused icing covered at all times with a
- damp cloth. If necessary, beat again on high speed to restore
- Using pastry bags and small round tips, decorate cookies as desired.
- Let dry at room temperature for several hours or until firm. Thread
- ribbon through holes if desired. Store in an airtight container.
- Yield: 4 dozen.
Editor’s Note: Meringue powder is available from Wilton Industries. Call 1-800/794-5866 or visit www.wilton.com.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 95 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 50 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.