Iced Cranberry-Mint Tea
Raise a toast to friends, family, sunshine and warm weather with this cranberry cooler from our Test Kitchen. Fresh mint and a hint of lemon add refreshing, fruity flavor.
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + standing
- 4 cups water
- 2/3 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 8 lemon herbal tea bags
- 3-1/2 cups reduced-calorie reduced-sugar cranberry juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Ice cubes
- Lemon slices, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, mint and sugar to a boil.
- Remove from the heat; add tea bags. Cover and steep for 15 minutes.
- Discard tea bags. Cover and let stand 45 minutes longer. Strain and
- discard mint leaves. Stir the cranberry and lemon juices into tea.
- Serve over ice with lemon slices if desired. Yield: 8 servings (2
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 34 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 starch.