When my sister introduced me to iced coffee, I didn't think I'd like it. Not only did I like it, I decided I could make my own. My fast-to-fix version is a refreshing alternative to hot coffee. —Jenny Reece, Lowry, Minnesota
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 4 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 cup boiling water
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 4 teaspoons sugar, optional
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 4 teaspoons chocolate syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ice cubes
- In a large bowl, dissolve coffee in water. Add sweetener if desired.
- Stir in the milk, chocolate syrup and vanilla; mix well. Serve over
- ice. Yield: 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (prepared without sugar substitute) equals 80 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 60 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat-free milk.