Iced Coffee Recipe
- 4 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 cup boiling water
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 4 teaspoons sugar, optional
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 4 teaspoons chocolate syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ice cubes
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve coffee in water. Add sweetener if desired. Stir in the milk, chocolate syrup and vanilla; mix well. Serve over ice. Yield: 2 cups.
1 cup (prepared without sugar substitute) equals 80 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 60 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat-free milk.