Iced Coconut-Orange Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1-1/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 5 teaspoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 drop yellow food coloring, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Beat in orange and lemon juices and peels. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Beat in coconut.
- 2. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat the icing ingredients until smooth. Spread over cookies. Let stand until set. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 92 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 52mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Iced Coconut-Orange Cookies
"Wonderful recipe and easy to make. I added a tablespoon of half and half to the icing so that I could just dip them in the icing. The only complaint I have is that the recipe does not state how much coconut to add. Luckily I had added it to my grocery list and the amount was listed there."