These cookies are the favorite of my grandchildren. I make them every Christmas and they disappear as fast as I bake them.—Jovina Cardellino, West Sunbury, Pennsylvania
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1-1/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 5 teaspoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 drop yellow food coloring, optional
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Beat in orange and lemon juices and peels. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Beat in coconut.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat the icing ingredients until smooth. Spread over cookies. Let stand until set. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Iced Coconut-Orange Cookies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p60
Reviews for Iced Coconut-Orange Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review