Iced Coconut Crescents Recipe
Cookie crescents get a tropical twist when you add refreshing orange juice and coconut. Bake these goodies any time of year and decorate them to suit the season or occasion. —Maria Benbrook, Port Monmouth, New Jersey
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-2/3 cups flaked coconut
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- Assorted sprinkles of your choice
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, orange juice and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in coconut.
- 2. Shape tablespoonfuls of dough into crescent shapes. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and milk. Decorate as desired with icing and sprinkles. Let stand until set. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 cookie equals 99 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 52 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC