Iced Coconut Crescents Recipe
Cookie crescents get a tropical twist when you add refreshing orange juice and coconut. Bake these goodies any time of year and decorate them to suit the season or occasion.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-2/3 cups flaked coconut
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- Assorted sprinkles of your choice
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, orange juice and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in coconut.
- 2. Shape tablespoonfuls of dough into crescent shapes. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and milk. Decorate as desired with icing and sprinkles. Let stand until set. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 cookie equals 99 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 52 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC