Iced Cinnamon Potato Rolls
This recipe comes from my mother-in-law, who remembers making these rolls often. Now I make them often. Maybe they'll be a hit with your family, too!—Mrs. Jonas Schwartz, Berne, Indiana
18 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + rising Bake: 35 min.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup hot mashed potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- VANILLA ICING (for each pan):
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream, warmed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and mashed potatoes. Add water and
- yeast; mix well. Cover and let rise in a warm place 1 hour.
- Stir dough down; beat in butter, eggs and salt. Gradually stir in
- flour. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth
- and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.