- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup hot mashed potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- VANILLA ICING (for each pan):
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream, warmed
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and mashed potatoes. Add water and yeast; mix well. Cover and let rise in a warm place 1 hour.
- Stir dough down; beat in butter, eggs and salt. Gradually stir in flour. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
- Divide dough in half. On a floured surface, roll each portion into a 12-in. square. In a small bowl, combine filling ingredients. Spread filling to within 1 in. of edges of each square. Roll up jelly-roll style. Cut each roll into nine slices. Arrange nine rolls into each of two greased 9-in.-square baking pans.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Combine icing ingredients and frost warm rolls. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Iced Cinnamon Potato Rolls
Sort By :
"people you need to actually try the recipe before you go rating it 3 stars"
"Sounds like a fun recipe. What is the nutritional contents Carbs/sugar stuff like that"
"can u use instant mashed potatoes? sounds good"
"I have not tried these yet, but they sound wonderful"
"To cyndi9781, Anything usually can be made in the bread machine, you just have to make sure the whole recipe will fit into the bread pan. For me, I would have to half the recipe. These sound so good I plan to make soon."