Iced Cinnamon Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) cinnamon baking chips
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in cinnamon chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine icing ingredients; beat on high speed for 1-2 minutes or until fluffy. Spread over cooled cookies. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Iced Cinnamon Chip Cookies(5)
Sort By :
Delicious. Taste like a Cinnamon role. Just plain old Yummy
Made these to have with tea. Endediup sending a plate of them home with company.
I thought these cookies were great and they made my house smell wonderful. I didn't put the icing on mine and they were still great.
I made these along with about twenty other cookies for Christmas this year. They were everybody's favorite. I had a hard time keeping them out of my mouth while I was making plates for neighbors, friends and work.
Really yummy and good texture.
More Recipe Collections
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Frosting Recipes >